Monday, January 22, 2007

Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears


It has been a while since I last up dated this but an event of such momentous proportions has occurred that I simply had to write and share my joy with the world! THE BEARS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL! Now while there are numerous other things taking place in Darfur right now, I feel that I so rarely get an opportunity to write the simple emails of daily joy, and this moment my friends is truly joyous, that I will postpone for a day on the Darfur drama to reveal in the Bear's victory!

Now I am sure there are many of you out there who could care less about the Bear's victory...if you live in any country other then the US for example, or if your from New Orleans...but I ask you to simply open your minds a bit and grasp hold of a beautiful part of American culture, tail gate parties, grown men running into each other at full speed, body paint, wearing animal logos on your head...its all part of what makes America great (that and freedom and democracy and blah blah blah...). But this victory is something of a mile stone for the US...like Independence Day or the millennium...because you see, 21 years ago the greatest Football team ever assembled brought victory and glory to the fine city of Chicago, bringing the world together under the chorus of the Super Bowl Shuffle. Now, 21 years later a new Bears team has emerged to re-capture the lost spirit of the mid-eighties (power bangs, bright colors, and zebra striped elastic pants...I mean who wouldn't want to recapture that spirit?)

I recognize that this posting is a bit delayed...but you must take into account the difficulty of trying to watch an American football game in Darfur. After searching long and hard to find the game live on my Arabic Satellite TV, I was crushed to discover that it wasn't possible. But undaunted I was able to find a replay of the game the following day. So I spent my Monday avoiding email and even making sure not to watch the BBC for fear of them venturing into the realm of US sports. So this evening at 7pm my time I settled in for 2 hours of what might be described as one of the more beautiful events in sports history. Of course no one here could care less so I watched the game alone and my shouts and cheers fell on apathetic ears. So now I will try to share my joy with the world through the exciting world of blogging...enjoy!

Enough rambling for now...I will write a more depressing blog tomorrow, but for now I will go to sleep happy! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

HEY!!!

I've been thinking about you ever since I heard that they won. I wish I could watch the superbowl with you this year! Mmmm cheese dip. Oh, and I'm rooting for your team. Please note that this makes me a better friend. :)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Scott

how´s it going, hope that everything is well... although I am not a fan of the Chicago Bears, I really want them to beat the Colts, they beat the Patriots! that sucks! so that´s why I´m going for the Bears... I just hope they win

well good luck with everything
take care, see ya

Steve...

2:26 PM  
Blogger communitynite said...

The real question is...can you still sing the Superbowl Shuffle...or atleast blog the SuperBowl Shuffle?

Sarah

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home